Actor Amit Sadh, who is busy promoting his film “Guddu Rangeela”, is finding it hard to categorise it into a genre. However, he simply prefers to call it “Subhash Kapoor genre”.
“Subhash Kapoor is a great director who has directed ‘Jolly LLB’. We have started promotions since last three days, and all are asking about the genre of the film. I think a new genre is born, the Subhash Kapoor genre,” he said.
- Playing Kabir Sawant was a nightmare: Breathe actor Amit Sadh
- Subhash Kapoor happy with journalists turning directors
- ‘Guddu Rangeela’ inspired by Manoj-Babli honour killing case
- Two months of togetherness for Arshad Warsi and Amit Sadh
- ‘Guddu Rangeela’ tribute to Jai-Veeru, Karan-Arjun: Subash Kapoor
- Arshad Warsi, Subhash Kapoor reteam for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
Subhash Kapoor has created a distinct style of filmmaking by combining satire and realism in his films like “Phas Gaye Re Obama” and “Jolly LLB”.
The actor further said that the director “troubled Arshad (Warsi) in ‘Jolly LLB’ and has troubled us in ‘Guddu Rangeela'”.
“Hope he continues troubling us and making more such films,” Amit quipped.
Subhash Kapoor has created a distinct style of filmmaking combining satire, realistic and commercial films well in his films “Phas Gaye Re Obama” and “Jolly LLB”.
“Guddu Rangeela” is gearing up for release on July 3 and also stars Aditi Rao Hydari and Ronit Roy in pivotal roles.