Subhash Ghai’s production banner Mukta Arts, which was founded by the veteran filmmaker on October 24 in 1978, has turned 37.
“24 October, 1978 Mukta started with ‘KARZ’ and Tom we are celebrating 37 years of excellence of Mukta Arts with new journey ahead with new ventures. And we thank all our well wishers, friends being there with us in all our highs and low. March is on,” Ghai, whose banner is named after his wife Mukta, posted on Facebook.
Mukta Arts produced its first film “Karz”, starring Rishi Kapoor, in 1978 and after that came out with a string of movies, including “Hero”, “Karma”, “Khalnayak”, “Pardes” and “Taal”.
- From Karz to Taal, Subhash Ghai has always had an ear for melodies and that makes his legacy unforgettable
- Madhuri Dixit Nene congratulates Subhash Ghai
- Subhash Ghai to re-start Mukta Music
- Searching for a hit,Subhash Ghai returns to direction
- Mukta Arts announces three films for 2011
- Mukta Arts to make a film with the first batch
Ghai also serves as the chairman and managing director of the production banner.