Subhash Ghai’s production banner Mukta Arts, which was founded by the veteran filmmaker on October 24 in 1978, has turned 37.
“24 October, 1978 Mukta started with ‘KARZ’ and Tom we are celebrating 37 years of excellence of Mukta Arts with new journey ahead with new ventures. And we thank all our well wishers, friends being there with us in all our highs and low. March is on,” Ghai, whose banner is named after his wife Mukta, posted on Facebook.
Mukta Arts produced its first film “Karz”, starring Rishi Kapoor, in 1978 and after that came out with a string of movies, including “Hero”, “Karma”, “Khalnayak”, “Pardes” and “Taal”.
- When Shah Rukh Khan backed out of a film starring Dilip Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan
- Was advised to cast Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit with Shah Rukh Khan in Pardes: Subhash Ghai
- Madhuri Dixit Nene congratulates Subhash Ghai
- Subhash Ghai to re-start Mukta Music
- Mukta Arts announces three films for 2011
- Mukta Arts to make a film with the first batch
Ghai also serves as the chairman and managing director of the production banner.