Kangana Ranaut, whose last release ‘Queen’ was a success, is back with another woman oriented movie ‘Revolver Rani’, but hers is not the only film releasing this week. Kangana will be facing stiff competition from Kaanchi (musical love story) and thriller ‘Samrat & Co.’ when the three movies hit screens today.
Kangana Ranuat, who impressed us all as the girl next door in ‘Queen’, will play an unconventional role of a rogue politician with a quirky dressing sense.
Post Queen, there is a lot of expectations from her and with a huge fan following Kangana’s Revolver Rani is likely to get a good opening as well on Friday (April 25).
Kangana Ranaut earlier said that her sister had advised her not to do ‘Revolver Rani’, in which she will be seen in a completely new avatar. The 27-year-old actress said after watching her in the film no one would like to marry her.
“When I went for narration of this film, my sister had come with me. She advised me not to do the film as the character was crazy, twisted, aggressive, abusive… The character seemed difficult, impossible to create on screen. But I took it up,” she had told reporters during the film’s promotions. Kangana, who shot for the film in Chambal, says she was not aware about the crime happening in the area even now.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Debutant director Sai Kabir had also said that Kangana Ranaut is the best choice for playing the female lead in his black comedy.
He had said: “Kangana has proved out to be the best choice for the film. I don’t think any other actress in the industry would have done this role because it’s a non-glamorous and ugly looking character. But Kangana has taken up the project. With her films like ‘Tanu weds Manu’ and ‘Queen’, Kangana has carved a niche in the male-dominated industry.”
But Kangana Ranaut faces stiff competition from Subhash Ghai’s comeback movie, a musical love story – Kaanchi.
The film marks the return of Showman Ghai to direction after a long gap of five years. Kaanchi will also launch Bengali beauty Mishtin, who plays the title role of Kaanchi, a fiesty woman from a small town in Himachal Pradesh.
Though film has been high on promotions, but there is not much buzz about it. And its music, which is the strength of every Subhash Ghai movie, has also failed to impress.
Be it ‘Taal’ or even the less popular, Yuvraaj and Kisna, each film has presented a melodious album. But Ghai’s latest offering, Kaanchi is anything but magical.
Mishti told reporters that her movie is a saga of today’s woman. “You can call it the saga of today’s women. Traditional and contemporary and yet independent minded,” she said.
The third movie is Rajeev Khandelwal’s thriller ‘Samrat & Co’. There are three completely different genres at the box office this week.
Actor Rajeev Khandelwal says his titular character of a detective in ‘Samrat & Co’ is a bit of “an eccentric”, who is obsessed with solving mysteries. The 38-year-old actor said the role pushed him out of his comfort zone as it was different from the characters he has played in his previous films like ‘Aamir’, ‘Shaitan’ and ‘Table No 21′ among others.
Produced by Kavita Barjatya under the Rajshri banner, the film marks the Bollywood debut of Madalasa Sharma. The film has been directed by Kaushik Ghatak.
Let’s see which movie attracts viewers to the theatres and sets the cash registers rigning. Till then keep watching this space for all the updates and the review of all these movies in a few hours from now. (With PTI inputs)