Filmmaker Subhash Ghai, who often renames the female leads of his films with ‘M’, says he choses the alphabet for his actresses because it symbolises mother.
Ghai, who is launching Bangali model Indrani Chakraborty in Bollywood in his upcoming film ‘Kaanchi‘ and gave her new name ‘Mishti, said he did not have to search much for the moniker.
“M factor is the mother. A woman is a mother. For me M doesn’t connote money or movie. During the screen test she told me her nickname is ‘Misti’ and it clicked.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“It is one Bengali word which can instantly connect with the Indian audiences and it gelled with my motto of alluding the M word with mother,” Ghai told PTI.
‘Kaanchi’ is all set to hit theatres on April 25. Even the actress is quite impressed by her new name. “I would not be known by any other name any more. I will be known as Misti only,” Indrani said.
Apart from ‘Kaanchi’, Mishti has three Ghai projects lined up for next three years. But she refused to divulge details about the film.
Talking about ‘Kaanchi’, the actress said, “You can call it the saga of today’s women. Traditional and contemporary and yet independent minded.”
She revealed that she was nervous about her onscreen kissing scene with co-actor Kartik Tiwari, who was last seen in ‘Pyar Ke Punchnama’.
“None of us could get it right and Kartik was blushing. But Subhasji won’t allow to let it go. We took 37 takes to get it right,” she said.