Amitabh Bachchan’s granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda is one of the most popular star kids on social media. You may think she enjoys all national attention she gets when she uploads a picture while posing with her friends but hardly does the Indian media realise that she too is a young woman who simply wants to have a good time.
Remember the time when Shah Rukh Khan had to stand up for daughter Suhana to protect her from his stardom? Shweta Bachchan Nanda has asked for the same for her daughter from the media. In a column in DNA, she explained how pictures of Navya make their way into social media and eventually sites with titles like ‘Navya Nanda HOT pics’ or ‘Navya Nanda parties with friends, WILD’.
Shweta writes that Navya — like any other teen — likes partying, posing and hanging out and like any regular child she also has a curfew and apparently she even follows it.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“If she finds herself on a beach, she will wear beach-appropriate attire – namely, a swimsuit – as would any young girl anywhere. She will pout, she will preen, she will hang out with boys – the last time I checked, absolutely normal teenage behaviour!”
While most fans of the Bachchan family would love to see her enter Bollywood, Navya like her mother does not have any such plans. Earlier at a press conference, Amitabh Bachchan had also given a similar statement to the media about Navya entering Bollywood.
According to Shweta, her social media accounts are private and she is not on Twitter. However, her pictures manage to land up all over the internet.
“Websites with a keen interest in Bollywood and its goings-on, make fake identities (mostly in the names of her friends) and send requests to anyone following her and often to her as well. They then plunder the accounts of her friends and use their photos to post on their websites captioning them irresponsibly and disrespectfully, most of them stop short of objectifying and shaming her. This has been happening with my daughter since she was 13 years old!!,” wrote Shweta.