Now that Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, etc etc are long gone, it’s time for the Ghanta Awards. India’s version of the Golden Raspberry Awards (Razzies), the Ghanta Awards recognize the worst in Bollywood.
The nominations bash recently took place in Delhi at the Stein auditoriumin the India Habitat Centre. The hosts for the evening were five stand-up comedians – Sorabh Pant and his ‘East India Comedy’ members – Kunal Rao, Sahil Shah, Darsheel Safary and Azeem Banatwalla.
The night saw spoofs and singing with parodies on Bollywood using songs by the Backstreet Boys and even one Alok Nath, who was a trending topic on Twitter last month.
The categories included worst actor, actress, and director with a new category this season was ‘Kuoting Krap with Karan’, inspired from Karan Johar’s talk show ‘Koffee with Karan’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016