Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Dilwale’, which collected Rs 365 crore overseas, has become the second highest grosser of 2015.
‘Dilwale’ had become the highest collecting film in Singapore (only Bollywood film to cross Singapore $ 1 million), South Africa, Netherlands, Malaysia (6 times bigger than the last highest grosser), West Indies & Jordan.
Dilwale is also the second highest collecting film of all time in overseas markets such as UAE –GCC (which also had the highest opening weekend for any Bollywood film), Peru, Kuwait, Indonesia, Egypt and Morocco.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Some other countries that saw the highest opening weekend for a Bollywood film include Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Pakistan.
Pakistan and Australia saw trends of a different kind, where Dilwale became the 3rd film ever to cross $ 2 million and the first ever SRK film to cross AUD 1 million, respectively. While in UK, which is one of the biggest overseas markets for Bollywood films, it had collections, which were unbelievable. UK crossed GBP 1 million in just five days and it was the fourth SRK film to cross GBP 2 million. Only seven films have done it so far.
Only 16 films so far have crossed $10 million overseas, in which SRK has 9 films, which shows the reach and following he enjoying in overseas.
The film was released on December 18, 2015.