Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Dilwale’, which collected Rs 365 crore overseas, has become the second highest grosser of 2015.
‘Dilwale’ had become the highest collecting film in Singapore (only Bollywood film to cross Singapore $ 1 million), South Africa, Netherlands, Malaysia (6 times bigger than the last highest grosser), West Indies & Jordan.
Dilwale is also the second highest collecting film of all time in overseas markets such as UAE –GCC (which also had the highest opening weekend for any Bollywood film), Peru, Kuwait, Indonesia, Egypt and Morocco.
Some other countries that saw the highest opening weekend for a Bollywood film include Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Pakistan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Pakistan and Australia saw trends of a different kind, where Dilwale became the 3rd film ever to cross $ 2 million and the first ever SRK film to cross AUD 1 million, respectively. While in UK, which is one of the biggest overseas markets for Bollywood films, it had collections, which were unbelievable. UK crossed GBP 1 million in just five days and it was the fourth SRK film to cross GBP 2 million. Only seven films have done it so far.
Only 16 films so far have crossed $10 million overseas, in which SRK has 9 films, which shows the reach and following he enjoying in overseas.
The film was released on December 18, 2015.