As Bollywood gears up for the 15th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend that kickstarts on Wednesday (April 23), Mumbai is also getting ready to cast their vote on April 24.
Interestingly, while most celebrities are encouraging their fans to vote, many of them will not even be present in the city on the day of the elections.
Shahid Kapoor and Vivek Oberoi were the first to arrive at Tampa Bay. Their fellow actors including Saif Ali Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Richa Chadda and Shabana Azmi left for Florida on April 21, clearly giving the elections a miss.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, actors Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Aamir Khan will leave for Florida only after casting their votes.
Sonam Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and Ranbir Kapoor will also make a late arrival at Tampa Bay, as they too will attend the awards only after the elections.