Sridevi, who was named as this year’s recipient of the outstanding achievement in Indian cinema award at IIFA, could not attend the awards ceremony but actress Sonakshi Sinha paid a dancing tribute to the veteran actress.
The reason behind the 52-year-old “English Vinglish” actress’ absence is not yet disclosed.
However, her tribute performance went as planned with Sonakshi taking to the stage to perform on Sridevi’s dance numbers like “Taki Taki”, “Hawa Hawai” and “Naino Mein Sapna”.
- Sridevi, Mahira Khan and Saba Qamar win big at awards show in Dubai
- Tumhari Sulu song Hawa Hawai making: Vidya Balan thought it wouldn't be easy to dance in a saree. Watch video
- Tumhari Sulu actor Vidya Balan: Directors become lazy, complacent with you after your success
- Divyanka Tripathi gives a fitting reply to those who accused her of fixing Nach Baliye 8 win: 'I'm not a quitter'
- I am no one to judge Sridevi's dancing skills: Prabhudeva
- Abhishek,Madhuri to perform at IIFA awards
When asked about the preparations for her performance, Sonakshi said, “I am very excited to perform at IIFA again. This is a tribute to one of Indian cinema’s most iconic, most love leading ladies whose name is Sridevi. She is somebody who we all at some point of time idolized. I remember when I was a child I used to go to fancy dress parties dressed up as Hawa Hawai.”
The IIFA 2013 stage saw Sridevi take on dance guru, Prabhudheva and the two had enthralled audiences with their performance in some of their biggest hits.