Sridevi, who was named as this year’s recipient of the outstanding achievement in Indian cinema award at IIFA, could not attend the awards ceremony but actress Sonakshi Sinha paid a dancing tribute to the veteran actress.
The reason behind the 52-year-old “English Vinglish” actress’ absence is not yet disclosed.
However, her tribute performance went as planned with Sonakshi taking to the stage to perform on Sridevi’s dance numbers like “Taki Taki”, “Hawa Hawai” and “Naino Mein Sapna”.
- Under BSP rule, incidents like Una will not happen, says Mayawati as she kicks off poll campaign in Gujarat
- Senior journalist K J Singh, 92-year-old mother found dead at their Mohali residence
- Despite Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi's claims, violence against Rohingya continues
- Syria drops off the radar at UN assembly
- Fearing eruption, thousands in Bali flee from Mount Agung
- Caroline Wozniacki stuns Garbine Muguruza to reach Pan Pacific Open final
When asked about the preparations for her performance, Sonakshi said, “I am very excited to perform at IIFA again. This is a tribute to one of Indian cinema’s most iconic, most love leading ladies whose name is Sridevi. She is somebody who we all at some point of time idolized. I remember when I was a child I used to go to fancy dress parties dressed up as Hawa Hawai.”
The IIFA 2013 stage saw Sridevi take on dance guru, Prabhudheva and the two had enthralled audiences with their performance in some of their biggest hits.