The 61st Idea Filmfare awards, south edition, will take place in Chennai on July 12 in the presence of luminaries from Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam industries.
To be held at the Nehru Indoor Stadium of the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu, the event will celebrate and honour the best talent from all the four southern film industries.
“The Idea Filmfare awards South gives us a unique opportunity to connect with our millions of consumers with innovative marketing and engagement programs,” Rajat Mukarji, chief corporate affairs officer, Idea Cellular, said in a statement.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The first ever Filmfare awards (South) were held at the prestigious Kalaivanar Arangam here and the venue was then shifted to the distinctive Music Academy.
Initially, only Tamil and Telugu films were considered for the awards, but Malayalam and Kannada films became part of the event in 1966 and 1969, respectively.