The 61st Idea Filmfare awards, south edition, will take place in Chennai on July 12 in the presence of luminaries from Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam industries.
To be held at the Nehru Indoor Stadium of the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu, the event will celebrate and honour the best talent from all the four southern film industries.
“The Idea Filmfare awards South gives us a unique opportunity to connect with our millions of consumers with innovative marketing and engagement programs,” Rajat Mukarji, chief corporate affairs officer, Idea Cellular, said in a statement.
The first ever Filmfare awards (South) were held at the prestigious Kalaivanar Arangam here and the venue was then shifted to the distinctive Music Academy.
Initially, only Tamil and Telugu films were considered for the awards, but Malayalam and Kannada films became part of the event in 1966 and 1969, respectively.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016