Not many of us may recollect the name Sonu Walia, the Miss Indian beauty pageant winner and model turned actress who even won the Best Supporting Actress Award back in 1988 for her performance in the film ‘Khoon Bhari Maang’, was last seen in Hema Malini’s directorial debut, ‘Dil Aashna Hai’. Well Sonu, who was hardly seen on the big screen post this film, did manage to feature in a number of TV serials only to vanish from them as well. Now we hear that Sonu is all set to make a comeback to Bollywood but this time in the role of a producer.
- EXCLUSIVE | Ram Kamal Mukherjee gives a sneak peek into Hema Malini's biography Beyond the Dream Girl
- Quiz: How well do you know Hema Malini?
- Happy birthday Hema Malini: A quick look at the life and times of Bollywood's Dream Girl
- Sonu Walia on being sexually harassed: After his calls turned sexual, I decided to complain
- Sonu Walia gets obscene calls and videos, lodges sexual harassment complaint
- Rakesh Roshan planning sequel to 'Khoon Bhari Maang'
In fact we hear that Sonu Walia will soon be co-producing a film with her brother in law Vineet Sharma. The film titled ‘Jogiyaa Rocks’, a film that traces the success story of an Indian rock star. Interestingly, Jogiyaa Rocks has been written by Vineet with inputs from Sonu herself. Positioned as an action love story, the film will apparently feature Rohit Bakshi, Kirti Kulhari and Suzanna Mukherjee.