Bollywood actor Sonu Sood’s father, Shakti Sagar Sood, 77, died on Sunday (February 7) at their residence in Moga, Punjab. Sonu’s father had been suffering from respiratory problems for the past four years, he died following a cardiac arrest.
Sonu Sood was in a conversation with his father, when his father suddenly collapsed and fell down from the bed. The actor rushed his father to hospital but doctors said he had died immediately after the attack.
Sonu Sood, who lives in Mumbai, was in Punjab to participate in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) as his team Punjab De Sher had a match in Mohali.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
He had lost his mother Saroj Sood eight years ago. A source from family told Indian Express, “His father was suffering from respiratory problems since years now and that is why he never agreed to move with Sonu to Mumbai. He preferred staying in Punjab. Following the death of Sonu’s mother almost eight years back, he was living alone. Sonu visited him quite often. Sonu’s sisters Monika and Malvika are married. One is in Punjab while other is married abroad. Cremation will be held on Tuesday after the sisters arrive.”
Sonu Sood had recently got their ancestral home in Moga revamped to fulfill the dream of his mother.
Sonu, while speaking to friends and relatives at his residence on Monday said, that he ‘was yet to overcome the loss of his mother and now his father’s sudden death has left him shattered.’ “I am shattered. I have nothing to say right now,” said Sonu.
Actor’s wife Sonali and two sons are expected to arrive in Moga for the cremation on Tuesday. Every year on October 4, Sonu is in Moga for the barsi of his mother Saroj Sood.