Bollywood actor Sonu Sood’s father, Shakti Sagar Sood, 77, died on Sunday (February 7) at their residence in Moga, Punjab. Sonu’s father had been suffering from respiratory problems for the past four years, he died following a cardiac arrest.
Sonu Sood was in a conversation with his father, when his father suddenly collapsed and fell down from the bed. The actor rushed his father to hospital but doctors said he had died immediately after the attack.
Sonu Sood, who lives in Mumbai, was in Punjab to participate in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) as his team Punjab De Sher had a match in Mohali.
He had lost his mother Saroj Sood eight years ago. A source from family told Indian Express, “His father was suffering from respiratory problems since years now and that is why he never agreed to move with Sonu to Mumbai. He preferred staying in Punjab. Following the death of Sonu’s mother almost eight years back, he was living alone. Sonu visited him quite often. Sonu’s sisters Monika and Malvika are married. One is in Punjab while other is married abroad. Cremation will be held on Tuesday after the sisters arrive.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sonu Sood had recently got their ancestral home in Moga revamped to fulfill the dream of his mother.
Sonu, while speaking to friends and relatives at his residence on Monday said, that he ‘was yet to overcome the loss of his mother and now his father’s sudden death has left him shattered.’ “I am shattered. I have nothing to say right now,” said Sonu.
Actor’s wife Sonali and two sons are expected to arrive in Moga for the cremation on Tuesday. Every year on October 4, Sonu is in Moga for the barsi of his mother Saroj Sood.