Actress Sonam Kapoor says her actor-producer father Anil Kapoor is not at all possessive and doesn’t attach too much significance to her relationships.
“He is pretty chilled out. He believes I should be happy and joyous and should enjoy whatever I do. He knows how important my career is to me and wants me to be successful and be a better actor and do great films. He doesn’t give a lot of importance to my relationships,” Sonam said in an interview here.
In her upcoming film ‘Bewakoofiyaan’, for the first time Sonam has teamed up with Rishi Kapoor, who plays a doting father. There were reports that the senior actor was upset with Sonam over her comments on his son Ranbir Kapoor on a popular chat show.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When asked if she really had to try hard to break the ice with him, Sonam says, “No it was not. You just have to feed him with good food and he is all yours. I would share my home cooked food with him.”
Sonam will also be donning a bikini for the first time in the film. “Director Nupur Asthana asked me whether I would like to wear a ‘burkhini’. I am sure not many people must have heard of that. We also tried a tankini. We tried all the possible options.
I told Nupur I am an Indian girl and I feel a two piece bikini would look the best… so finally we agreed on that,” Sonam said.
Earlier, Sonam had said she would never wear a bikini as she thinks she does not have a perfect body to carry it off.
“There were a couple of occasions where I said I won’t wear a bikini or a swimsuit because I wasn’t in the best shape. Wearing a bikini was a challenge for me. I did this for myself. I don’t wear short clothes as I am still not confident about my body,” she added.
In ‘Bewakofiyaan’ Ayushmann Khurrana plays the role of her boyfriend who becomes jobless due to recession. In real life, Sonam is fine if the same scenario happens.
“If I think my guy has the potential to do something in life and make it big and is a good person then I won’t be bothered about his bank balance, religion or whether he is Indian or white. I am idealistic and impractical in life which is not the best thing but it has held me,” she said.
Sonam also said she has always been friends with her exes and it is not tough.