It is a known fact that Sonam Kapoor is playing a con girl in ‘Dolly Ki Doli’, the shooting of which would be kick-starting in a couple of months. However, what really surprised us was when the piece of news reached us that her character is actually based on a real life personality that had made headlines up North a few years back.
“Apparently, there was this girl in Uttar Pradesh who had conned men into marrying her and then ran away with their money. Her sweet looks and innocent behavior made many a youngster believe in her and fall into her trap. She used to get into marital-hood and then run away with all the money and other valuables on first night itself. This continued for many months and no one could gather even a hint of where she came from and then disappeared,” informs our source.
When Sonam Kapoor was narrated these incidents, she was more than game to enact this character and readily stepped into the film.
“Obviously though, first time director Abhishek Dogra has tweaked the story and brought in cinematic liberties. Moreover, the makers have taken a conscious call not to sell this as a real life tale, lest it brings with it any unnecessary controversies. The idea is to make ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ as a fun comedy-cum-drama instead of thrusting it into a serious biopic zone. This is going to be a smile through affair with an author backed role for Sonam,” our source adds.
We tried contacting Arbaaz Khan for his confirmation on the tale but he was unavailable for comment.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Meanwhile, some of the other films being made on real life tales are Bad (which is based on Charles Sobhraj’s life), Rahasya (which is based on Arushi Talwar’s murder) and Mary Kom (which is based on Olympic winner Mary Kom).