It is a known fact that Sonam Kapoor is playing a con girl in ‘Dolly Ki Doli’, the shooting of which would be kick-starting in a couple of months. However, what really surprised us was when the piece of news reached us that her character is actually based on a real life personality that had made headlines up North a few years back.
“Apparently, there was this girl in Uttar Pradesh who had conned men into marrying her and then ran away with their money. Her sweet looks and innocent behavior made many a youngster believe in her and fall into her trap. She used to get into marital-hood and then run away with all the money and other valuables on first night itself. This continued for many months and no one could gather even a hint of where she came from and then disappeared,” informs our source.
When Sonam Kapoor was narrated these incidents, she was more than game to enact this character and readily stepped into the film.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Obviously though, first time director Abhishek Dogra has tweaked the story and brought in cinematic liberties. Moreover, the makers have taken a conscious call not to sell this as a real life tale, lest it brings with it any unnecessary controversies. The idea is to make ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ as a fun comedy-cum-drama instead of thrusting it into a serious biopic zone. This is going to be a smile through affair with an author backed role for Sonam,” our source adds.
We tried contacting Arbaaz Khan for his confirmation on the tale but he was unavailable for comment.
Meanwhile, some of the other films being made on real life tales are Bad (which is based on Charles Sobhraj’s life), Rahasya (which is based on Arushi Talwar’s murder) and Mary Kom (which is based on Olympic winner Mary Kom).