Actress Sonam Kapoor on Monday unveiled the trailer of her forthcoming film ‘Khoobsurat’, and said the film’s producer and director have “exposed me completely in this film”.
A remake of Rekha and Rakesh Roshan starrer 1980s super-hit film ‘Khubsoorat’, it has been directed by Shashanka Ghosh and produced by Sonam’s sister Rhea. Pakistani heartthrob Fawad Afzal Khan will be seen as the male lead in the movie.
“There was no problem on the set because Rhea, Shashanka and the writer (Indira Bisht) knew me so well that very shamelessly they have taken every part of my personality and exposed me completely in the film,” Sonam told reporters at the launch.
Although it is her home production, Sonam didn’t have to take any extra responsibility other than acting. “I am just an actor, there’s no responsibility. It’s only Rhea and Shashanka’s responsibility, I have only done acting and nothing else,” said the 29-year-old.
“When I take on a job as an actor, I only concentrate on doing that, otherwise there is a conflict. You have to just do your best with what you have got,” she said and added that when she starts thinking about the responsibilities, then she “won’t be able to go to work next day in the morning. So it’s just the matter of taking each day, enjoying my work and saying that I will be a selfish actor and I will do my best for the film,” Sonam said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In the recent past, Sonam has been part of hits like ‘Raanjhanaa’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’. However, her last release ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ bombed at the box office.
Shashanka said his version takes the story forward. “Original was just a clash of values within the family and here we have taken it a little further but we have held on to the core idea.”
If Dina Pathak played a strict mother in the original, her daughter Ratna will be seen in the remake.