Actress Sonam Kapoor on Monday unveiled the trailer of her forthcoming film ‘Khoobsurat’, and said the film’s producer and director have “exposed me completely in this film”.
A remake of Rekha and Rakesh Roshan starrer 1980s super-hit film ‘Khubsoorat’, it has been directed by Shashanka Ghosh and produced by Sonam’s sister Rhea. Pakistani heartthrob Fawad Afzal Khan will be seen as the male lead in the movie.
“There was no problem on the set because Rhea, Shashanka and the writer (Indira Bisht) knew me so well that very shamelessly they have taken every part of my personality and exposed me completely in the film,” Sonam told reporters at the launch.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Although it is her home production, Sonam didn’t have to take any extra responsibility other than acting. “I am just an actor, there’s no responsibility. It’s only Rhea and Shashanka’s responsibility, I have only done acting and nothing else,” said the 29-year-old.
“When I take on a job as an actor, I only concentrate on doing that, otherwise there is a conflict. You have to just do your best with what you have got,” she said and added that when she starts thinking about the responsibilities, then she “won’t be able to go to work next day in the morning. So it’s just the matter of taking each day, enjoying my work and saying that I will be a selfish actor and I will do my best for the film,” Sonam said.
In the recent past, Sonam has been part of hits like ‘Raanjhanaa’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’. However, her last release ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ bombed at the box office.
Shashanka said his version takes the story forward. “Original was just a clash of values within the family and here we have taken it a little further but we have held on to the core idea.”
If Dina Pathak played a strict mother in the original, her daughter Ratna will be seen in the remake.