Actress Sonam Kapoor, who is playing an aspiring politician in her upcoming film based on Anuja Chauhan’s book ‘Battle for Bittora’, says it has an interesting love story.
The yet-to-be-titled film is an adaptation of the love story between two upcoming politicians who despite being in love are contesting elections against each other.
“I am doing a film where I am playing an aspiring politician. It is based on Anuja’s book. We read that book and we bought the rights. It has an interesting love story. I am very excited about it,” Sonam, 28, told PTI in an interview.
“Only the scripting is done and it depends on how the director portrays things. I like to prepare for my role in advance and I will do workshops for this film as well. I do little work but I do the best of my ability,” she said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
This film is likely to go on the floors in September-October this year. Besides, Sonam is happy to share screen space with superstar Salman Khan in Sooraj Barjatya’s next film.
“I am doing that film… I am very very excited about it. It is for the second time I will be working with him. I am looking forward to work with Soorajji. The film will show me in a different light… I cannot reveal anything about my role,” Sonam said.
2013 was an amazing year for Sonam with two of her films – Aanand Rai’s ‘Raanjhanaa’ and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’– winning popular and critical acclaim.
“This year is pretty interesting for me. There are three different films ‘Bewakoofiyaan’, ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ and ‘Khubsurat’. I have finished filming for ‘Khubsurat’ and I will start working on ‘Dolly Ki Doli’. I like to play different roles. I hope this year too turns out to be great,” Sonam said.