Actress Sonam Kapoor, who is playing an aspiring politician in her upcoming film based on Anuja Chauhan’s book ‘Battle for Bittora’, says it has an interesting love story.
The yet-to-be-titled film is an adaptation of the love story between two upcoming politicians who despite being in love are contesting elections against each other.
“I am doing a film where I am playing an aspiring politician. It is based on Anuja’s book. We read that book and we bought the rights. It has an interesting love story. I am very excited about it,” Sonam, 28, told PTI in an interview.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Only the scripting is done and it depends on how the director portrays things. I like to prepare for my role in advance and I will do workshops for this film as well. I do little work but I do the best of my ability,” she said.
This film is likely to go on the floors in September-October this year. Besides, Sonam is happy to share screen space with superstar Salman Khan in Sooraj Barjatya’s next film.
“I am doing that film… I am very very excited about it. It is for the second time I will be working with him. I am looking forward to work with Soorajji. The film will show me in a different light… I cannot reveal anything about my role,” Sonam said.
2013 was an amazing year for Sonam with two of her films – Aanand Rai’s ‘Raanjhanaa’ and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’– winning popular and critical acclaim.
“This year is pretty interesting for me. There are three different films ‘Bewakoofiyaan’, ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ and ‘Khubsurat’. I have finished filming for ‘Khubsurat’ and I will start working on ‘Dolly Ki Doli’. I like to play different roles. I hope this year too turns out to be great,” Sonam said.