The recent season of ‘Koffee With Karan’ has stirred a new conflict and this time actresses Sonam Kapoor and Deepika Padukone seem to have locked horns.
For starters, Deepika and Sonam, who appeared together on the hit chat show in the previous season, came separately this time. While Deepika Padukone appeared on the chat show with actress Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor came with dad Anil Kapoor.
Having learned her lesson, Deepika Padukone was visibly reserved while taking a dig or commenting on her colleagues from the film fraternity. But on the other hand fashionista Sonam Kapoor opened up before Karan Johar and gave him the saucy bites.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sonam Kapoor took everyone by surprise when she took ‘nasty’ digs at the ‘Chennai Express’ actress saying that she has no style of her own.
When Karan Johar quizzed, Sonam Kapoor, who is Bollywood’s leading stylista on the fashion trends, was quick to answer: “Deepika has upped her game.. yes.. but it’s all thanks to Anaita (designer Anaita Shroff). Anaita has done a great job on her.”
For Katrina Kaif, Sonam said, “Katrina is herself. She does not try to fit into a mould, which I respect a lot. She is not trying to be the fashion icon of the century.”
Comparing Deepika and Katrina, Sonam Kapoor said, “Even if she (Katrina) wears a jeans and t-shirt and has her hair in ponytail.. I’d rather have that than someone who is like ‘I want to be on the cover of Vogue every three months’.”
Sonam Kapoor did not stop there and during the rapid fire round she said that the one thing that Deepika has and she does not is an ‘over enthusiastic PR team’. She also ‘titled’ Deepika as ‘Good Girl Gone Bad’.
An interesting trivia here. Sonam Kapoor’s upcoming project by Sooraj Barjatya with Salman Khan was first offered to Deepika Padukone. However, due to unavailability of dates Deepika had to let go off the film and Sonam Kapoor stepped in as the lead.
When Sonam and Deepika first appeared on filmmaker Karan Johar’s chat show ‘Koffee With Karan’, they bonded well and were seen ‘bitching’ about their ex-beau Ranbir Kapoor.
It was said that Ranbir and Sonam were dating each other while shooting for their debut movie ‘Saawariya’. And Ranbir and Deepika Padukone were together for a long period.
Both Sonam and Deepika did not shy away from taking a dig at the actor which was not well received by Ranbir’s father and actor Rishi Kapoor. However, the issue was resolved amicably.
Watch the video: