The 28-year-old actress, known for her outspoken nature, did not spare anyone – be it her contemporaries like Deepika Padukone or newcomers Parineeti Chopra and Alia Bhatt. She went a notch higher and said how bad looking people are considered good actors in Bollywood.
However, the ‘Ranjhanaa’ star says what she said on ‘Koffee With Karan’ was all in good humour and not malicious at all.
“It was supposed to be in jest. A lot of things were said about me on the show by others, but no one took note of it. I said something and everyone is talking about it. I don’t understand why people give so much importance to what I said on a chat show. All this was not required,” Sonam told PTI.
Reacting to Sonam‘s views on acting, Kangana recently said, “Films are not meant to make people fashion-oriented or glorify their beauty. Films are about good stories and it could be of anyone. It could also be of an ugly girl.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It was Sonam’s second appearance on the show after her first stint last year. She had come on the show with Deepika Padukone the first time and that too had sparked controversy.
But this time around, Sonam had not-so-good things to say about her former friend calling her a ‘good girl gone bad’ and that she has an over enthusiastic PR team.
Besides this, Sonam also took pot shots at Parineeti and Alia.
When asked what fashion advice she would give Parineeti, Sonam had said that the actress should stop wearing clothes while Alia should dress her age.