Sonam Kapoor, who has stepped into the shoes of Rekha for the remake version of ‘Khoobsurat’, says she cannot do justice to what the veteran actress did in the original film.
‘Khoobsurat’ is the remake of Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s cult comedy which featured Rekha in the lead role and Sonam is aware that her version will draw comparisons with the old classic.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I don’t think I can do justice to what Rekha has done. This film is an ode to Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s filmmaking,” Sonam, 29, told reporter here at the trailer launch of the film.
“There are very few films that have been wholesome entertainers and have great value. Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s films appealed to all as they were fun films with a message. Today such films are made by Raju Hirani,” Sonam said.
She thinks the 1980 release will be relevant even now as things like love, happiness and family values remain the same.
In the film, Sonam plays Mili, a spirited young girl, who creates ripples in an order-crazy royal family.\
“I am more like this character in real life. This is my personality. Rhea (her sister who has produced the film) and Shashanka (director) have taken a lot of me in this film. They have exposed my life completely,” Sonam said.
The film is set to release on September 19 and Sonam is nervous as well as excited about it.
“It is a huge responsibility but it was exciting to work on this film,” Sonam said.
The movie marks the Bollywood debut of popular Pakistani actor-singer Fawad Khan. The original film had Rakesh Roshan as the male lead.
The film also stars Kirron Kher, Ratna Pathak and others. It is produced by Disney, Sonam’s sister Rhea Kapoor and her father Anil Kapoor and is directed by Shashanka Ghosh.