On Neerja Bhanot’s birth anniversary, actress Sonam Kapoor, who will essay the role of the late flight attendant in an upcoming biopic, saluted her “unflinching spirit”.
Bhanot was a senior flight attendant who saved 360 lives on Pan Am flight, when it was hijacked in Karachi in 1986. And at the age of mere 23 years, she also became the youngest and first woman recipient of the prestigious Ashok Chakra award.
- Disheartened that “Neerja” not releasing in Pakistan: Sonam Kapoor
- Sonam Kapoor at gunpoint — in ‘Neerja’ poster
- Sonam Kapoor’s Neerja: Story of a girl’s extraordinary courage
- Neerja Bhanot’s story will inspire young women: Sonam Kapoor
- Shabana Azmi’s ‘special connection’ with Neerja Bhanot’s mother
- Sonam Kapoor begins shooting for ‘Neerja Bhanot’
Sonam, 30, who has begun shooting the film, tweeted, “To the Unflinching Spirit. To the Courage that Inspires. To #NeerjaBhanot: My Humble Salute.”
“Neerja” will be directed by Ram Madhvani. Fashion photographer Atul Kasbekar is producing the film under his celebrity management company, Bling! Entertainment.