Could there be a gay love story in Bollywood? One of its biggest stars says it is time to explore it.
Sonam Kapoor spoke about the possibility in an interview where she lamented India’s laws on homosexuality: Last year, its Supreme Court upheld a ban on gay sex.
“Well you know, unfortunately, in our country right now recently there is a law which does not, which basically had said that homosexuality is not legal which is very sad,” she said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Sonam Kapoor is in Cannes as an ambassador for the beauty brand L’Oreal. In an interview, Sonam Kapoor talked about last year’s Palme d’Or winner, “Blue Is the Warmest Color,” a lesbian love story, and whether such a film could be made for Bollywood.
Sonam Kapoor believes if gays are depicted on film, it could help bring change in her country.
“I think movies can influence the way people think sometimes and if we do start making love stories or we start making movies about people who are amazing human beings, people who have done something in life, people who are inspirational who aren’t necessarily only straight, I think people will start appreciating them more,” she said.