Sonam Kapoor has been busy shooting back-to-back films and the actresses says she is desperate to get away from work and soak up the festivities at Cannes Film Festival.
The 67th annual Cannes Film Festival is scheduled to take place from May 14 to 25.
The 28-year-old actress, who is currently shooting ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ and ‘Khoobsurat’ remake, will be making her fourth appearance at the festival and is gearing up to get all dolled up for the event.
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
“I am very busy shooting. I just completed ‘Khoobsurat’ I am shooting ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ and in 4 days I will begin ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’. I only got a 3-4 days window from my producer.
“I am just looking forward to getting out of Mumbai. I have been shooting constantly in this heat. I needed a break and Cannes is the perfect getaway for me. It will be a refreshing change from all this work,” Sonam told PTI in an interview.
The fashionista, who is the brand ambassador of L’Oreal Paris, will attend the carnival on May 18 and 19.
“I was asked to attend the first two days but I could not get an off. So I will attend the event on May 18 and 19, will be back on the May 20 and resume shooting from May 21. Last time it was very easy as I had finished ‘Ranjhanaa’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’. So, I could give them the dates they wanted,” she said.
‘Dolly Ki Doli’ is being directed by debutant director Abhishek Dogra and produced by Arbaaz Khan. Besides Sonam, the film also stars Pulkit Samrat and National award-winning actor Rajkumar Rao.
Other brand ambassadors from India – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Freida Pinto will attend the event on May 16-17 and May 17-18 respectively.
When asked if Katrina Kaif, who was appointed the brand ambassador for the global beauty brand, would attend Cannes this year, Sonam said, “I know only about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. She as always is going to be there to dazzle the red carpet. I am not sure about other ambassadors, from India or abroad.”
During her appearances at Cannes, Sonam has been the fashion police’s favourite. Be it the white Jean Paul Gaultier couture she wore in 2011, the Alexander McQueen black lacy gown in 2012 or the statement kundan nath she sported last year, the actress has lived up to her fashionista image.
Sonam did not divulge details about the clothes she will wear this time but said at least one of her outfits will be by designer Anamika Khanna, her longtime collaborator.
“This time the make-up will be more glossy, with pops of colours. We are still deciding on the clothes that I am going to wear. I can’t divulge much but Anamika’s creations will definitely be part of one of my red carpet outings,” she said.
When asked how she plans to deal with the situation when she is put under the fashion scanner, Sonam said she does not let it affect her and concentrates on being herself.
“I believe in dressing for myself, not the red carpet or the fashion critics. It is not about what people might think about me if I wear something. People’s opinion should not matter at all. I don’t become a soft target. When poeple see I am enjoying in what I am wearing, they won’t criticise,” she said.