Bollywood beauty Anushka Sharma, who has been in news lately for her ‘apparent lip job’ took a bold step to face the world and talk about her much talked about and criticised change.
‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ actress was heavily criticised, especially after her appearance on filmmaker Karan Johar’s chat show ‘Koffee With Karan’ along with director Anurag Kashyap. The actress became a topic of discussion for every leading newspaper, blog and websites.
‘Raanjhanna’ actress and fashionista Sonam Kapoor took to Twitter to congratulate her colleague Anushka for the way she has handled all the criticism and judgments.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sonam Kapoor tweeted:
Kudos to @AnushkaSharma for addressing unfair criticism head on, have always admired her as an actor and now I def admire her as a person.
— Sonam Kapoor (@sonamakapoor) February 11, 2014
‘Student of the Year’ actress Alia Bhatt also congratulated Anushka Sharma saying:
Way to go @AnushkaSharma !!! People are dealing with a strong girl here so say what you want nothing is bringing her down !!!
— Alia Bhatt (@aliaa08) February 11, 2014
Karan Johar tweeted:
Anushka Sharma is a powerhouse of talent and the downside of social media cannot and will not take away the core of her creative existence..
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) February 11, 2014
Anushka Sharma earlier posted a letter on Twitter, telling her side of the story.
Full text of Anushka Sharma’s letter to her fans:
Hellooooo everyone !! Today I am here to talk about my lips !! Yes ! There ! I said it .. My lips !
As a person I find it difficult to talk about my personal life and hence have always maintained a low profile choosing to interact with you all on twitter with my random -mostly illogical thoughts seeming like the only thing I feel ok about ..that’s just who I am .. But in today’s time where PR stories and feeding people with information constantly or making appearances is a fad somewhere people like me get lost in translation or in this case translations !
Lately there has been a LOT of talk about me in this particular episode of KOffee with Karan . Mainly regarding my lips . I am here to just convey what I have to say regarding the same . I am talking about it only because this story has taken a scary direction and things have been ‘blown out of proportion’ ( pun intended ;) ) …
For a short while now I have been using a temporary lip enhancing tool and that along with make up techniques ( I have learnt over the years) is the reason why there might be a change in the appearance of my lips. Having stated this fact let me very vehemently assure everyone that I have by no means gone ‘under the knife ‘ or done any kind of ‘plastic surgery’ or undergone any intrusive procedure . This was my decision and was done for the sake of my look in my upcoming film Bombay velvet,a period drama where I play a jazz singer in the 1960’s – 70’s . And it was taken from the referencing of that time .The drastic change in my appearance on KWK is due to lot of factors put together and not just my lips . Everyone goes through good and bad days. Did I think I looked good on the KWK episode ? NO . I do feel I could have done things differently .
To put the current conjectures and reportage straight once and for all from my end – I have said this before and am saying it again .. I do not believe in plastic surgery or any other means of unnatural permanent changes to the body . I do not support it or stand for it or recommend it .
Now if someday my legs appear different and sexy to you ! Please don’t say I’ve done ‘Something’ …
Oh ! And also … Some of the ‘joker’ jokes/memes doing the rounds though a bit mean did bring a smile to my lips ;)
Goodnight to all
Love and Light