Actress Sonakshi Sinha hopes the country gets rid of corruption and expects a change in political system after the upcoming Lok Sabha election.
Sonakshi’s father, noted actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha, is contesting the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Bihar.
On her hope of dream India, Sonakshi says, “To stay corruption free… Everyone is fed up of that main root problem and petrol prices (should reduce).”
Though she won’t be entering politics, Sonakshi shares same political ideologies as that of her father. “My father has always taught us that irrespective of the party, whoever is doing good or delivering good work, one must vote for that party. He has followed this always and his heart is in the right place. Such people (who can deliver) should step into politics,” she said.
When asked if BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will be able to deliver well, she said, “I hope so… We as nation are looking for change and are serious about it. I believe it is time for change and that change will come.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Sonakshi is happy being an actress and has no plans of entering politics.
“There are actually no political aspirations. I think you need to have the right attitude and aptitude for it. I don’t think I have the right aptitude for it. I think it is unfair to push somebody in that direction. just because my father happens to be a politician. My work, my job is here (in films), I am very happy and content here,” she said.
The actress also said that she won’t be campaigning for her father during the elections but she hopes him to do well in politics.
“I think people are expecting more from me than my father. My father doesn’t need me to come there. I am not a political personality, my job is not to go there, my job is to be here and do my work. As a daughter I support him and wish, hope and pray that he does well. He doesn’t want me to come there,” Sonakshi added.