Boney Kapoor’s ‘Tevar’, his first film on the floors in 8 years, just got bigger. The enterprising producer has now decided to shoot a big introductory song with his leading lady Sonakshi Sinha.
The song is being currently shot in Indore apparently at a cost of whopping Rs 2.5 crores. Apparently, Sonakshi’s costume alone costs a mind blowing Rs. 75 lakhs.
Sajid-Wajid who has composed the song was briefed to come up with an item song on a par if not better than Kareena Kapoor’s ‘Fevicol’ song in ‘Dabangg 2’.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Speaking from Indore where the song is being shot right now, Boney Kapoor said, “Firstly let me clarify I am not the producer, just the guardian-overseer of ‘Tevar’. My brother Sanjay Kapoor is the official producer. I can’t tell you much about the song except that it would be one of the biggest item songs ever. Remo D’Souza is choreographing it. And I’ve promised Sonakshi she’d be making a minimum of Rs. 25 crores dancing to the item song in ‘Tevar’ at live concerts.”
Manoj Bajpayee would be joining Sonakshi on stage and not Boney’s son, the film’s leading man Arjun Kapoor.
Says Boney, “The song had no scope for Arjun. But it’s a very emotional moment for me. To be finally working on a film with my son after he is already so successful gives me a great high. It was my dream to work with my son. I’ve earlier watched my brother Anil Kapoor’s career reached pinnacles of stardom. I hope my son too becomes as successful.”
Interestingly, ‘Tevar’ is almost like a Bharat Darshan for Sonakshi and Arjun. The film will take them to Jaipur, Indore, Agra, Delhi and other Indian cities.
The next schedule after the one in Indore is in Agra. And Boney’s wife Sridevi would be joining him in Agra with their two daughters to see the Taj Mahal.
‘Tevar’ is a remake of the Telugu blockbuster ‘Okkadu’.
About remakes running out of steam Boney protests, “It all depends on how much the remake adapts itself to North Indian tastes. Out of the 32 film I’ve produced at least 18 have been remakes of South Indian hits. We haven’t blindly adapted’ Okkadu’. We’ve just taken the core idea and changed it around completely.”
The shooting of ‘Tevar’ would be over by March 2014. From June, Boney begins shooting the sequel to ‘No Entry’ with Salman Khan.