Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha started shooting for her debut Tamil film ‘Lingaa’ with southern legend Rajinikanth in Mysore on Friday.
Sonakshi Sinha returned to Mumbai after attending the IIFA 2014 awards in Tampa Bay, Florida and immediately left for Mysore to start shoot for Lingaa.
Back in Boms, I miss new york, am properly jet lagged and tomorrow im off to Mysore for my first Tamil film… What a week its been :)
— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) May 1, 2014
Sonakshi Sinha had earlier said, “Very few people in the industry get an opportunity to do a film with Rajinikanth. If I had to make a debut in South, it had to be something as big as this. I can’t wait to begin shooting for him in May.”
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
The ‘muhurat’ shot of the movie was shot on Friday at Chamundeshwari Temple in Mysore with the film’s lead actor Rajinikanth and writer of the film K. S. Ravi Kumar. Popular Kannada film actor and Karnataka Housing Minister Ambareesh, his wife Sumalatha, also an actor, and Ravikumar were among those present when the pooja was performed, the sources said.
The 63-year-old actor, who will also be seen with another Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone in ‘Kochadaiiyaan’, looked very young in his brand new look for the film.
‘Lingaa’ has been named after Rajinikanth’s grandson Linga, who is the son of ‘Raanjhanaa’ actor Dhanush and Rajinikanth’s elder daughter Aishwaryaa.
The film spans across generations as it goes from current times to the flashback. The film will have music by double Grammy winner A R Rahman.
Director of the film, Ravikumar has already delivered superhit films with Rajinikanth as the hero in movies like ‘Muthu’ (1995) and ‘Padayappa’ (1999).
(With PTI inputs)