Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha started shooting for her debut Tamil film ‘Lingaa’ with southern legend Rajinikanth in Mysore on Friday.
Sonakshi Sinha returned to Mumbai after attending the IIFA 2014 awards in Tampa Bay, Florida and immediately left for Mysore to start shoot for Lingaa.
Back in Boms, I miss new york, am properly jet lagged and tomorrow im off to Mysore for my first Tamil film… What a week its been :)
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) May 1, 2014
Sonakshi Sinha had earlier said, “Very few people in the industry get an opportunity to do a film with Rajinikanth. If I had to make a debut in South, it had to be something as big as this. I can’t wait to begin shooting for him in May.”
The ‘muhurat’ shot of the movie was shot on Friday at Chamundeshwari Temple in Mysore with the film’s lead actor Rajinikanth and writer of the film K. S. Ravi Kumar. Popular Kannada film actor and Karnataka Housing Minister Ambareesh, his wife Sumalatha, also an actor, and Ravikumar were among those present when the pooja was performed, the sources said.
The 63-year-old actor, who will also be seen with another Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone in ‘Kochadaiiyaan’, looked very young in his brand new look for the film.
‘Lingaa’ has been named after Rajinikanth’s grandson Linga, who is the son of ‘Raanjhanaa’ actor Dhanush and Rajinikanth’s elder daughter Aishwaryaa.
The film spans across generations as it goes from current times to the flashback. The film will have music by double Grammy winner A R Rahman.
Director of the film, Ravikumar has already delivered superhit films with Rajinikanth as the hero in movies like ‘Muthu’ (1995) and ‘Padayappa’ (1999).
(With PTI inputs)