She was all dramatic in Lootera, found herself in the middle of some tense moments in Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbaai Dobaara, was clueless about the world of casting couch in Bullett Raja and then was held captive by a villain in R… Rajkumar. However, Sonakshi Sinha would finally have an out and out light hearted role to her credit, courtesy Action Jackson, where the sole instruction from her director Prabhu Dheva has been to ‘let loose’
Smiles Sonakshi, “I signed the film because the female lead was required to have a very good comic timing. Both Ajay (Devgn) and Prabhu Dheva thought that I would do justice to the role. For me too it was a different thing altogether to play an out and out fun character. I know that I can be really funny in front of the camera if I wish to. This is what I have done in Action Jackson.
Though one still waits to hear more on how things are progressing between producers Eros/Gordhan Tanwani and the Hollywood makers who have staked claims on the title Action Jackson, the film continues to be called by that name. Meanwhile, with the film getting its finishing touches, Sonakshi is enjoying the entire song and dance routine.
“Oh, I am having a blast,” says Sonakshi in an animated tone, “It is shaping up really well. After all, Prabhu Dheva has his own space. This is my third film with him. I know how he loves to bring in all the ingredients, be it action, drama, comedy, dancing and all. He has got this particular style of filmmaking that he has stuck to and it is working well for him, audience as well as actors. Now with Action Jackson, we are taking it all forward. The film is turning out to be larger than life.”
There is another larger than life affair that she is currently a part of, what with an elaborate song and dance sequence being shot for Arjun Kapoor starrer Tevar. Though the film is a South ‘masala’ remake, one expects certain subtlety to come in the narrative, courtesy debutant director Amit Sharma being at the helm of affairs who has ‘Google Reunion’ commercial to his credit.
“When I saw that ad, I was in tears. I have been recommending him to all. I think he is just fantastic. I am thrilled that he is directing Tevar because there is a lot of spark in him. He is really good with what he says and then makes. I am sure he will bring on his own unique touch to Tevar,” she says in a confident tone.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While that happens, she is also gearing up for the release of Holiday which, as of today, is slated to arrive on the same day as Action Jackson i.e. June 6.