In an interview given to NDTV, the actress said that, “I am sure this wasn’t created by him. It’s been something that has been going around for a while. Maybe he just found it funny, that’s OK, that’s his opinion. It’s his sense of humour. It is fine, it’s meant to be taken the right way.”
- 1970s revisited: A decade that belonged to Amitabh Bachchan but equally to Rishi Kapoor, Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi, Vinod Khanna, Shatrughan Sinha and Salim-Javed
- 102 Not Out director stumped by Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor's passion
- Rishi Kapoor's first look from Mulq is promising
- Rishi Kapoor on backlash over abusive tweet to woman: I am no saint
- Rishi Kapoor's jokes and a little 'sense of humour': Nobody gets it
- Rishi Kapoor shoots with Sonakshi Sinha, Abhishek Bachchan
In the past too, Sonakshi has been seen not minding the jokes created about her body or weight. She rather takes all the jokes and memes in the right manner and laughs them off.
Rishi Kapoor had, on June 19, taken to Twitter to post a meme on his ‘Kapoor And Sons’ co-star Alia Bhatt that was also an attack on Sonakshi’s weight.
The meme caught the Twitterati’s attention and they started tweeting back to Kapoor saying that the joke wasn’t funny enough. Kapoor tweeted again to clarify his stand and said that the people should cultivate some sense of humour.
Rishi Kapoor later deleted both his tweets.