Based on the terror created by sleeper cells, Holiday has Akshay Kumar playing an army officer who is off duty, on a holiday, before a sinister plan forces him to abandon his leisure trip and get back to business. In this tussle between good v/s bad, there is Sonakshi Sinha too.
So how does a leading lady fit into the scheme of things with filmmaker A.R. Murugadoss upping the action and drama quotient?
“Well, if there is a hero and a villain then there has to be a heroine too naa,” giggles Sonakshi, “In fact I am the reason why there are so many light moments as well in the film. Also, the love story is woven very nicely and sweetly into the film’s plot; there is nothing forced about it.”
In the film, Sonakshi and Akshay play a couple where their parents want them to get married. After some initial ‘tu tu main main’ and ‘an-ban’, all is eventually well with a few song and dance numbers thrown in as well.
As for the real life equation between her and Akshay, it is as good as ever, what with a great off-screen camaraderie that the duo shares. Since they have done quite a few films with each other, right from Rowdy Rathore to Joker to Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbaai Dobaara and now Holiday, they can be assumed to share a very comfortable relationship as co-stars.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Absolutely,” gleams Sonakshi, “This is my fourth film with Akshay and he is a kind of person who is good with just about everyone on the sets. He is extremely professional and doesn’t make people around him feel that he is such a big star. It is always good when your co-star comes for the shoot on time and respects the schedule. Such strong work ethics are always an inspiration.”
No wonder, other than the four films where they have come together as an on-screen couple, Sonakshi has featured in song and dance numbers for Akshay’s OMG – Oh My God! (‘Govinda Govinda’) and Boss (‘Har Kisi Ko’ and ‘Party All Night’).
“See, I thoroughly respect Akshay. All he has to do is pick up the phone and call me for a film; that’s the kind of rapport that we enjoy,” she says.