Actor Soha Ali Khan on Sunday joined the voice of dissent against the exit of Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor which she feels is a ‘profound loss’ to the nation.
The Rang De Basanti actor tweeted “Profound loss for India that @RBIGov #RaghuramRajan has been forced to exit. He can only help those who want to help themselves. Shame.”
Profound loss for India that @RBIGov #RaghuramRajan has been forced to exit. He can only help those who want to help themselves. Shame.
— soha ali khan (@sakpataudi) June 19, 2016
Her views, however, didn’t go down well with many who trolled her and questioned her Economics knowledge. Many even doubted if the actor even knows the full form of RBI.
Dear @sakpataudi, what does the @RBIGov do? What does RBI do?
— Thought Gun (@ShootinThoughts) June 19, 2016
@MrsGandhi @sakpataudi @RBIGov oye aunty abhi bhi waqt hai apne gerban pe jhaklo …. Acche dinn wali
— AAP KA RAAJ (@raju17kv) June 19, 2016
if anyone in @sakpataudi @RBIGov extended family can detail what is monetary policy I will support #RaghuramRajan 😀
— Anil Kumar (@Anil_Aarush) June 19, 2016
@sakpataudi Ok.. from shitty movies to economy expert
— The Dentalist (@amitTweet_s) June 19, 2016
@sakpataudi @RBIGov Why do you have to poke your long nose into everything? Concentrate on your area of expertise.
— Rajesh Kumar Singh (@neelnabh) June 19, 2016
However, a few stood by the actor, who has a Masters degree in International Relations from the London School of Economics.
@DrSatvikPatel @sakpataudi Sir. Aap se achhi Economice janti hai wo. Check her profile.
— Md Sohail (@sohailmlis) June 20, 2016
Khan is the youngest daughter of actor Sharmila Tagore and former cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi. She made her acting debut opposite Shahid Kapoor in Dil Maange More in 2005
WATCH VIDEO | Keystrokes: No Second Term For Raghuram Rajan
- Actor Soha Ali Khan on writing her book, dealing with fame and turning producer.
- Exclusive: It is about my identity that I have grown to embrace, says Soha Ali Khan on The Perils of Being Moderately Famous
- Soha Ali Khan: Inaaya controls what I eat, when I sleep, whether or not I can watch TV
- Soha Ali Khan: For the most part of my life, I was completely non-famous
- Soha Ali Khan slams trolls, says actresses have opinions on economic policy
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan not seeking second term: Here’s how Twitterati reacted