Bollywood actress Soha Ali Khan is learning Punjabi for her upcoming film on the 1984 Sikh riots directed by Shivaji Lotan Patil. Soha is currently in the Gungrana village in Ludhiana shooting for a film.
The film is a realistic gritty look at a Sikh couple’s life and how it was ripped apart by the riots. Soha has gone all-out to get a grip on the gritty character. She has even learnt Punjabi for her character.
Soha said, “Yes, I am learning Punjabi for the part. And I’ve worked on my look. It’s a great author-backed role. It is an authentic film. And I look the part. I like my new look. It’s very 1984. Vir Das plays my husband. He is an affable Sardar. Then things turns intense. It’s actually a thriller, my favourite genre.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On May 16, Soha’s shooting at Gungrana was halted voluntarily.
Soha explained, “We were all set to shoot. But the production team advised us it may not be safe considering the election results were coming in. And there was almost no security on location. So we decided not to shoot on that day. Otherwise the shooting is moving most smoothly.”