Film producer Smita Thackeray is happy that her son Rahul has taken up the challenge of bringing the life of her late father-in-law and Shiv Sena founder Balasaheb Thackeray on the silver screen via a biopic.
Rahul is directing the film, which has been titled as Saheb. Smita will be producing the biopic.
“Balasaheb has always been an enigma and a legend for both his followers and his family. It is always an honour to be a part of his journey,” Smita said in a statement.
- Amitabh Bachchan at Bal Thackeray biopic launch: Balasaheb was like a father figure to me
- The first teaser of Bal Thackeray's biopic is grand and dramatic, watch video
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play Balasaheb Thackeray in upcoming biopic. See photos
- Fashion designer Mitali Borude gets engaged to MNS chief's son Amit Thackeray
- Balasaheb's life story needs to be shared: Smita Thackeray
- Biopic on Bal Thackeray is an important and emotional issue, says grandson Aditya Thackeray
“I believe his life’s story needs to be shared and I am glad that my son Rahul has taken up the challenge on making this biopic on his grandfather and my father-in-law Saheb,” she added.
The film Saheb will go on the floors in October and will depict the life of Balasaheb Thackeray from the vision of his grandson Rahul.
The cast of the film is yet to be finalised.