Ajay Devgn, who is back as a tough cop with “Singham Returns“, has said that his character Bajirao Singham is nothing less than a superhero.
“He is like a real superhero. Our culture is such that we don’t need a lot of back up to become superheros. The character is already larger than life,” Ajay Devgn told PTI in an interview during a visit to the city.
He was asked to compare his character Singham, who fights against evil forces in his own fiery style, with other superhero films like ‘Superman’ and ‘Spiderman’.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Singham is more real than them. Now in the sequel the challenge is bigger,” the 45-year-old actor said adding that in the sequel to the 2011 blockbuster they have kept everything new except the lead character.
“It has got more drama, action, romance and humour. The stunts are also bigger and better,” the actor said.
Interestingly, Devgn, who describes himself as a spontaneous actor, went to act in the sequel without any
“I didn’t research at all because I was following the characteristics of one man and how would he react under a given situation. When that situation changes, everything else changes. But his style of working is the same,” he said.
He said he personally believed in the working style of Singham. “People have the same anger against corruption which was there in 2011 when ‘Singham’ came,” Devgn said.
However, ‘Singham Returns’ isn’t a message-oriented film. “It is a completely commercial film and not a message oriented one. There is a message if you can read it but it is a complete entertainer where there is a supercop tackling a super problem,” he said.
Besides a string of hit commercial releases, he has also made his mark in critically-acclaimed films like Rituparno Ghosh’s ‘Raincoat’ and Mahesh Bhatt directed ‘Zakhm’.
“I love to do films like ‘Raincoat’. I have not heard a great script like that since then. I am not enjoying the
scripts I am listening to. I am open to doing every kind of cinema but it should fascinate me just like ‘Zakhm’ did,” he said.