The Independence Day offering, directed by Rohit Shetty, has got a positive feedback from critics as well as audiences. It released Friday.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh confirmed the figure, and tweeted Saturday: “#SinghamReturns packs a SOLID PUNCH. Collects 32.09 cr nett on Fri. BIGGEST OPENER OF 2014 (so far). India biz.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The movie is a sequel to “Singham”, which turned out to be a blockbuster in 2011. It also stars Kareena Kapoor.
Another trade pundit Komal Nahta tweeted upon the sequel’s release: “#SinghamReturns a surefire hit. Will be Ajay’s bigest hit so far. Business will be far more than ‘Singham’.”
The film, co-produced by Ajay Devgn Films, Rohit Shetty Productions and Reliance Entertainment, features Ajay as inspector Bajirao Singham whose mission is to weed out corruption. It is catching the audiences’ eye with its gripping story, high-octane action and power-packed performances backed by catchy dialogues.