The Independence Day offering, directed by Rohit Shetty, has got a positive feedback from critics as well as audiences. It released Friday.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh confirmed the figure, and tweeted Saturday: “#SinghamReturns packs a SOLID PUNCH. Collects 32.09 cr nett on Fri. BIGGEST OPENER OF 2014 (so far). India biz.”
The movie is a sequel to “Singham”, which turned out to be a blockbuster in 2011. It also stars Kareena Kapoor.
Another trade pundit Komal Nahta tweeted upon the sequel’s release: “#SinghamReturns a surefire hit. Will be Ajay’s bigest hit so far. Business will be far more than ‘Singham’.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The film, co-produced by Ajay Devgn Films, Rohit Shetty Productions and Reliance Entertainment, features Ajay as inspector Bajirao Singham whose mission is to weed out corruption. It is catching the audiences’ eye with its gripping story, high-octane action and power-packed performances backed by catchy dialogues.