Actor Sidharth Malhotra, whose latest film “Brothers” amassed Rs.52.08 crore in its opening weekend in India, is content with the business of the movie.
“Collection is an indication that people are watching your film and they want to see your film. If the collection increases, it encourages actors to perform even better,” said Sidharth, who paid a surprise visit to a theatre here to watch fans’ reactions to the movie.
The Karan Malhotra directorial has become the second double digit opening film for Sidharth. It had raked in Rs.15.20 crore on day one. His last year’s film “Ek Villain” had a massive opening of Rs.16.72 crore.
- Aiyaary box office collection day 4: Will Sidharth Malhotra and Manoj Bajpayee film survive the week test?
- Aiyaary box office collection day 3: Sidharth Malhotra, Manoj Bapayee starrer collects Rs 11.70 cr on opening weekend
- Aiyaary box office collection day 2: Manoj Bajpayee starrer collects Rs 7.40 crore
- Aiyaary box office day 1: Manoj Bajpayee-Sidharth Malhotra film mints Rs 3.36 crore
- Aiyaary box office prediction: The Sidharth Malhotra starrer eyeing Rs 15 crore in first weekend
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Brothers’ rakes in Rs.72.6 crore in first week
Karan Malhotra, who accompanied Sidharth to the theatre, shared that he was scared before the film’s release on August 14.
“We worked really hard for ‘Brothers’. We were very tensed from the past two to three days thinking about how our film would perform. We are really happy to see the response and it’s a big relief for the whole team,” said Karan.
Asked about the over Rs.50 crore opening weekend for “Brothers” and the reactions he has received, Jackie told mediapersons: “I thank god. The industry has offered a lot of love and respect for this film. I’ve received a lot of phone calls and messages. Tanuja told me that my performance had made her cry. Even Renuka Shahane complimented the film and my work.”
“Brothers”, directed by Karan Malhotra and produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions, has had a promising start at the box office.
Jackie will next be seen in the educational drama “Chalk N Duster” with Shabana Azmi and Juhi Chawla, and suspense thriller “Chehere’ alongside Manisha Koirala and Gulshan Grover.