Bollywood’s brand new onscreen couple Sidharth Malhotra and Shraddha Kapoor’s soon to release ‘Ek Villain’ is a love story of a villain, a ‘bad man’. Every character in the film tries to portray their negative side. Sidharth Malhotra, who was in the capital on Thursday (June 19) afternoon to promote his film with Shraddha, spoke extensively about his much-awaited film, future ventures and the shift in roles.
Sidharth Malhotra, who has only done boy next door roles in his previous two films – ‘Student of the Year’ and ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, spoke about how difficult it was to get into a negative role. “It was so far the toughest to get into the character of ‘Ek Villain’. To bring in the angry emotions with that intensity. More than anger, it was to get the emotion correct. Mohit (Mohit Suri, the director) knows what he wants and if you know what you want, it’s easier to get it,” said Sidharth Malhotra in conversation with Indian Express.
“All thanks to Mohit Suri. I have taken out all 29 years ka bhadaas (frustration)… All anger issues, parents issues, Bombay issues or struggling issues, all my issues on screen. It was like a therapy for me. I hope it’s convincing. Sometimes to do an action sequence, I used to do push-ups to get my body warmed up and get into that mode. I was trying out new things because it was such a new character for me. By far, it was the most fulfilling and performance-oriented role I have done.”
On being asked, whether Sidharth was ok with a negative role so early in his career, he said, “Yes Offcourse! The first line of the film itself (love story of a bad person) was very interesting. It was alien to me and people perceived that I can’t do negative roles after my last two films. I pushed my limits and once you do that, only then can you know about your limits. But I think I had the right director for it. I wouldn’t have done it was with a first time director.”
Sidharth Mahotra also discussed how he made it to the film industry. “I was modeling in Delhi, I auditioned for a film, went to Bombay (Mumbai) about 7 years ago. There onwards I decided to stay back in Bombay (Mumbai) and try out and learn about filmmaking and then ‘My Name is Khan’ happened where I assisted Karan Johar. Then auditions for ‘Student of the Year’ and then I was here.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
About trying out different roles and films, Sidharth Malhotra agreed on trying out different roles and not be type-cast.
Sidharth said Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Dutt were his references for doing the negative role for Ek Villain. “I liked what Shah Rukh Khan did in ‘Darr’ or what Sanjay Dutt did in ‘Khalnayak’. Both these actors did bad, mean things but they still had the likeability factor. I had that one reference in my head,” said Sidharth, who wishes to do a film like Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘Barfi’.
‘Ek Villain’ is set to hit the theatres on June 27. It features Sidharth Malhotra, Riteish Deshmukh and Shraddha Kapoor.