Newcomer Sidharth Malhotra says he wants to be appreciated for his work than his looks.
Sidharth made a successful acting debut with Karan Johar’s ‘Student of the year’. His next film, the recently released ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, was also a hit.
“I am just a newcomer and at this juncture. I am craving for appreciation of my acting skills than looks and the numbers (collection) a film achieves at the box office). It is important to be accepted by the audience,” Sidharth told PTI.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I am not aiming to do a film that will give lot of money… I am not thinking about the business angle of a film. I am happy that in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ people got convinced with my character and went beyond my looks and what I was wearing,” he said.
On the view of some people that in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, the lead actress Parineeti Chopra outshone him with her performance, Sidharth says, “A film is a team effort…. It is not that only she was there in the film alone. Everybody worked towards the film. I am happy her work was also liked by people.”
The romantic comedy was produced by Johar and Anurag Kashyap’s Phantom. Released on February 7, the film directed by debutant director Vinil Mathew and has reportedly earned over Rs 30 crore.
On the day of the release, Sidharth was quite nervous as it was his first solo hero film.
“It is important to have something interesting in romantic-comedy as this space is tapped several times on screen. For us luckily, the story clicked with the audience. Even the characters that we played were accepted,” he said.
Sidharth would be seen next in Mohit Suri’s ‘The Villian’.