Newcomer Sidharth Malhotra says he wants to be appreciated for his work than his looks.
Sidharth made a successful acting debut with Karan Johar’s ‘Student of the year’. His next film, the recently released ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, was also a hit.
“I am just a newcomer and at this juncture. I am craving for appreciation of my acting skills than looks and the numbers (collection) a film achieves at the box office). It is important to be accepted by the audience,” Sidharth told PTI.
“I am not aiming to do a film that will give lot of money… I am not thinking about the business angle of a film. I am happy that in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ people got convinced with my character and went beyond my looks and what I was wearing,” he said.
On the view of some people that in ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’, the lead actress Parineeti Chopra outshone him with her performance, Sidharth says, “A film is a team effort…. It is not that only she was there in the film alone. Everybody worked towards the film. I am happy her work was also liked by people.”
The romantic comedy was produced by Johar and Anurag Kashyap’s Phantom. Released on February 7, the film directed by debutant director Vinil Mathew and has reportedly earned over Rs 30 crore.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On the day of the release, Sidharth was quite nervous as it was his first solo hero film.
“It is important to have something interesting in romantic-comedy as this space is tapped several times on screen. For us luckily, the story clicked with the audience. Even the characters that we played were accepted,” he said.
Sidharth would be seen next in Mohit Suri’s ‘The Villian’.