Director Karan Malhotra has praised actor Sidharth Malhotra for giving his best in upcoming film “Brothers”. The movie is the story of two estranged brothers played by Akshay Kumar and Sidharth, who face each other in a martial arts tournament.
“I don’t think it was difficult to make Sidharth do things correctly. There was a process for Akshay, Sidharth and me. The film required hard work and dedication and we all did it. I think Siddharth gave it more than he could which was fantastic,” Karan Malhotra told PTI.
“It is a tough role, you require a certain body type and both of them gave their best,” he said.
- Aiyaary box office prediction: The Sidharth Malhotra starrer eyeing Rs 15 crore in first weekend
- Aiyaary averts clash with PadMan, will now release on February 16
- Sidharth Malhotra: Better equipped now to handle various shades of emotion
- Sidharth Malhotra: Aiyaary will release on time
- Sidharth Malhotra on Aiyaary-PadMan clash: Yes, it irritates, but now it’s too late
- Sidharth Malhotra pays tribute to Amitabh Bachchan at IFFI 2017, leaves the latter impressed
Karan Malhotra revealed that for this film, Akshay had to lose 17 kgs while Sidharth had to gain 10 kgs. ‘Brothers’, directed by Karan Malhotra, is the story of two brothers who are pitted against each other. It is an official remake of the 2011 Hollywood movie “Warrior”.
“My wife Ekta has done a great job writing and adapting it for our audiences. We enjoyed watching the original and felt this film had great scope to be made in Hindi,” Karan said.
“The film is not on boxing, it is mixed martial arts. We did research about it. We have tried our best to make it look authentic,” he said.
Karan made his directorial debut with action drama film “Agneepath”. His second film “Brothers” is also an action drama.
“I do not focus on a particular genre or follow any genre. If I am content with a subject… script I try to do justice to it. My only aim is the audience should enjoy the film while watching.”