Shiney Ahuja, who has flown off to Dubai to join the cast and crew of Anees Bazmee’s ‘Welcome Back’, has found whole-hearted acceptance in the unit. Everyone except the film’s leading lady Shruti Haasan has welcomed Shiney with enthusiasm.
According to reports, Shruti Haasan keeps her distance from the actor.
Says a source from Dubai, “Anees has made it very clear to Shruti that signing Shiney was his idea. And no one has the right to object. There is some friction between Anees and Shruti over this issue. But he has decided to stand his ground.”
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Speaking from Dubai, Anees Bazmee said: “Initially there was skepticism about Shiney’s presence. But I was very clear about what I was doing. Whether Shiney is guilty or not of the crime he was accused of, we’ve no right to pass judgment on him. Let the law take its course.”
Anees is adamant about giving the actor work to do. “Shiney has every right to work. He has a wife, daughter and parents to support. His father broke down when he called me to thank me for giving Shiney work. No one from the film industry was willing to give him work, not even Shiney’s so-called friends.”
Apparently, Anees has been receiving threats from elements both within and outside the film industry after the announcement of Shiney Ahuja’s presence in ‘Welcome Back’.
“I am not scared of anything. There are people who are unhappy that he is working in my film. Let them do what they like. Now that Shiney Ahuja has shot with me I am even more convinced it was the right decision. He plays a rich spoilt man. This is the first time he will be seen in a comic avatar,” said Anees.
Shiney plays Naseeruddin Shah’s wayward son. They are both cast as gangsters. Naseer will apparently be shown reprimanding Shiney for his errant ways.