Shiney Ahuja, who has flown off to Dubai to join the cast and crew of Anees Bazmee’s ‘Welcome Back’, has found whole-hearted acceptance in the unit. Everyone except the film’s leading lady Shruti Haasan has welcomed Shiney with enthusiasm.
According to reports, Shruti Haasan keeps her distance from the actor.
Says a source from Dubai, “Anees has made it very clear to Shruti that signing Shiney was his idea. And no one has the right to object. There is some friction between Anees and Shruti over this issue. But he has decided to stand his ground.”
Speaking from Dubai, Anees Bazmee said: “Initially there was skepticism about Shiney’s presence. But I was very clear about what I was doing. Whether Shiney is guilty or not of the crime he was accused of, we’ve no right to pass judgment on him. Let the law take its course.”
Anees is adamant about giving the actor work to do. “Shiney has every right to work. He has a wife, daughter and parents to support. His father broke down when he called me to thank me for giving Shiney work. No one from the film industry was willing to give him work, not even Shiney’s so-called friends.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Apparently, Anees has been receiving threats from elements both within and outside the film industry after the announcement of Shiney Ahuja’s presence in ‘Welcome Back’.
“I am not scared of anything. There are people who are unhappy that he is working in my film. Let them do what they like. Now that Shiney Ahuja has shot with me I am even more convinced it was the right decision. He plays a rich spoilt man. This is the first time he will be seen in a comic avatar,” said Anees.
Shiney plays Naseeruddin Shah’s wayward son. They are both cast as gangsters. Naseer will apparently be shown reprimanding Shiney for his errant ways.