She has crooned soft numbers in the past but now actress Shraddha Kapoor is ready to take her singing passion to another level as she is training in rock music for her next film “Rock On 2”.
The 26-year-old actress made her singing debut with the unplugged version of the song “Galliyan” in “Ek Villain” and later lent her voice for Vishal Bhardwaj’s “Haider”.
After the release of her latest film “ABCD2” she recorded the unplugged version of “Bezubaan Phir Se…”.
Shraddha will be training professionally for the first time for the sequel of rock musical drama “Rock On”.
“I like singing but I never trained before ‘Rock On 2’ happened. For this film I am training in rock genre,” Shraddha told PTI.
The young star is “very excited” to work with actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and considers him as one of the most talented people in the film industry.
- Shraddha Kapoor can take up professional singing, says composer Ankit Tiwari
- I will be singing all the songs in 'Rock On 2': Shraddha Kapoor
- Shraddha Kapoor hopes to impress Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy with her vocals
- Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar's 'Rock On 2' to release in September next year
- Shraddha Kapoor to sing in 'Rock On 2'
- Shraddha Kapoor to train in rock music for her role in 'Rock On 2'
“I am very excited to work with Farhan. I have been a fan of his movies, his direction, his acting, his voice. He is one of the most talented, fearless and most inspiring people we have in the industry today. And I am tremendously happy about the fact that I am doing a film with him,” she said.
Shraddha visited North East for a recce with the “Rock On 2” team and has already started working on the film’s music with Farhan, who became a singing sensation after “Rock On”.
“Farhan and I were practising a song recently. It was lovely. He is so funny and so passionate about what he does it’s just amazing,” she said.
The cast will begin shooting in Shillong this September and the film is slated to release next year.