Actress Shraddha Kapoor has set aside all her professional work to celebrate the Ganesh festival. She says the festival holds a special place in her heart and that she’s excited to welcome ‘Ganpati Bappa’ to her home.
The actress has taken a break from the shooting schedule of Saabir Khan’s “Baaghi” in Kerala to celebrate the festival in Mumbai. She is grateful to the director for allowing her the festive break.
“I have very fond memories of the festival right from childhood. This is one festival when the entire family comes together. This year Saabir sir has been very sweet and accommodating to let me come back to Mumbai for two-three days from our Kerala shoot.
- Haseena Parkar actor Shraddha Kapoor: Challenge lies in improving my craft
- Ganesha Visarjan in the Mediterranean Sea in Spain! See photos
- 'I thought Bappa was Maharashtrian': Renuka Shahane shares sweet Ganesh Chaturthi memories
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2017: Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn pray to Lord Ganesha, see photos, videos
- Shraddha Kapoor wraps 'Baaghi' shoot
- Shraddha Kapoor visits the sets of 'Baaghi'
“We are all very excited to welcome our Ganpati Bappa home,” Shraddha said in a statement.
Ganesh Chaturthi is a Hindu festival which marks the birth of lord Ganesha. It is being celebrated across India with religious fervour on Thursday, and it marks the commencement of the ten-day Ganesh festival.
Shraddha, who is a staunch follower of ‘Ganpati Bappa’, asked her director to let her visit her family for the festival. Saabir instantly agreed as he knew the festival is of immense importance to the actress, read the statement.
As far as the storyline of “Baaghi” is concerned, the plot is kept under wraps and the only thing known is that it is the story of a rebel.
Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and UTV Motion Pictures, “Baaghi”, which also stars Tiger Shroff, is slated to release on April 29, next year.