After the soulful “Teri galliyan”, actress Shraddha Kapoor has lent her voice to a high-pitch number in her upcoming film “Baaghi” and she has done complete justice to it, director Sabbir Khan and the track’s music director Amaal Mallik have conceded.
The song, “Sab tera” which was released on Friday, is a romantic number featuring Shraddha and Tiger Shroff in the scenic locations of Krabi, Thailand.
Khan convinced Shraddha to sing the song, which he regards as “tough”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I was aware that Shraddha sings really well but the idea to get her to sing struck me when we were shooting the song in Krabi. Every time she had to give a shot, she would actually sing, and sing it so well.
“I had to push her to actually sing it because although the song seems simple, it’s very tough to sing it as the pitch is very high. Hats off to Shraddha for doing full justice to it. She has made it special,” Khan said in a statement.
On her part, Shraddha has thanked Khan, and tweeted: “It’s you who said to give it a shot, it’s who you believed, thank you sir. For giving me this beautiful song.”
It’s you who said to give it a shot, it’s who you believed, thank you sir. For giving me this beautiful song!❤️ http://t.co/82EH9CX5aV
— Shraddha Kapoor (@ShraddhaKapoor) March 18, 2016
Amaal Mallik, the composer of “Sab tera”, knows of Shraddha’s singing talent since childhood as they are from the same school.
“I did not get time to listen to ‘Bezubaan’ from ‘ABCD 2’, but had heard ‘Galliyan’ and loved it… But what she has done in ‘Sab tera’ has blown my mind. I haven’t used any pitch correcting techniques on her voice. Usually actors aren’t easy to record with as they don’t know what to do with the mic, how to stand and what technique to use while singing that will make their voice sound good.
“It was Sabbir Sir’s decision to get Shraddha on board, and I was also excited for it. But when I heard this girl sing, it was like an angel had just descended into the studio. Shraddha is the highlight of this song though, very few people have a voice that suits their own face, she sings as cutely as she acts.”
Mallik, who has sung the number with the actress, said he even has a video of Shraddha singing the song live, and “that can prove that this girl is a terrific find”.
The song’s picturisation features sizzling chemistry between Shraddha and Tiger.
“Baaghi”, produced by Sajid Nadiadwala, is a rebellious love story which will release on April 29.