Enthusiastic crowd gathered to catch a glimpse of Irrfan Khan and newbie Shraddha Kapoor here as director Vishal Bhardwaj today resumed the shooting of ‘Haider’, the film adaptation of Shakespearean tragedy Hamlet based in Kashmir Valley.
The shooting of the film took place near the busy Residency Road in the heart of Srinagar city and Press Colony. ‘Haider’ stars Shahid Kapoor in the lead along with Shraddha, Irrfan and Tabu. While Shraddha, who plays a press reporter in the film, and Irrfan shot some scenes here, Shahid and Tabu are expected to join the crew tomorrow.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This is the last phase of the shooting for the film here. The crew will be in Kashmir for 20-25 days,” Khawar Jamsheed, line producer for the film, told PTI.
Jamsheed said most of the filming would be done in Srinagar. “Most of the shooting for the film will be done in Srinagar city. The film will also be shot in Nishat gardens and then the crew would move to Pahalgam,” he said.
Last year, the film crew had to pack up the shoot while filming at Kashmir University after the students living in hostels in the campus objected to hoisting of the national flag atop a make-shift bunker.
The rest of the shooting passed off peacefully with Bhardwaj assuring the people of Kashmir that ‘Haider’ would be “a real depiction of the pain people have gone through in the past two decades.”
Once shunned due to militancy, Kashmir has again come up on the radar of Bollywood over the past few years.
Ten days ago, some scenes of Sajid Nadiadwala’s upcoming action-thriller ‘Phantom’, starring Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif, were shot at the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg.