Aditya Roy Kapoor, who is ready with his next release in romantic comedy ‘Dawat-E-Ishq’, says he is yet to discover love in real life. The film has been directed by National-award-winner Habib Faisal and also stars Parineeti Chopra.
Aditya Roy Kapoor plays a cook named Tariq, who is from Lucknow while Parineeti is a sales representative from Hyderabad in the movie, releasing on September 19. “I have been in a relationship and which I thought was love but it was not. I am still discovering love. Hopefully, I will be meeting the right person one day. But I am not looking for it actively. If it has to happen, it will,” Aditya said.
The buzz in B-Town is that he is dating his ‘Aashiqui 2’ co-star Shraddha Kapoor.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
When asked about Shraddha, Aditya said, “She is a very dear friend and that’s it. The media has written a lot about us and I believe that is part and parcel of being an actor.”
Aditya believes that media focuses more on his personal life than his career. “I don’t get affected by all these stories. My mood doesn’t depend on what I read. What matters to me is how my family and close friends feel.”
Aditya Roy Kapoor says he had to read up a lot to prepare for his role in the movie.
“The zone which I have entered in the film is completely alien to me. I have never been to Lucknow and I can’t cook. The best I can do is make coffee, scrambled eggs and Maggi! I completely went with his direction. My father is an excellent cook so I took a few chopping lessons from him which really came handy during the shoots.”
Aditya will be seen in a new avatar in the film as he will be sporting a crew cut with ‘surma’ in his eyes.
“As an actor I feel one should use his look to trick people. My director wanted me to adapt this look as he felt the audience needed to see a new character on screen.”
Aditya, who will be starting his new film ‘Fitoor’ next month with veteran actress Rekha and Katrina Kaif, feels a film takes time to happen.
“Post ‘Aashiqui 2’ I wanted to see how the industry reacted to my performance. That took about two months and then I waited for a few good projects. Before signing ‘Dawat- E-Ishq’ I came across few more offers but none of them interested me. This film has a soul and I went for it. And to sign and shoot for the film it took another few months.”
Aditya’s siblings include producer Siddharth Roy Kapoor and actor Kunal Roy Kapoor, who has done films like ‘Delhi Belly’ and ‘Nautanki Saala’. The trio has not discussed about doing a film together.
“Actually, the thought never occurred to us. I can’t just call up Siddharth and ask him to make a film where all of us will be part of. We are all a close knit family. Vidya Balan is an excellent actress we all look upto her. Every Sunday we meet for lunch whenever we are in Mumbai and we all talk about
Aditya, whose earlier films ‘London Dreams’ and ‘Action Replayy’ did not work at the box office, is happy with the way his career is shaping up post ‘Aashiqui 2’.
“I am happy that post ‘Aashiqui 2’, I am getting opportunities to work with big names. Life has given me a chance. I never looked at my failures… I wish to continue my journey doing better films in coming years.”