Ajay Devgn-starrer has managed to lead Karan Johar’s film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil in the second week. While Ae Dil Hai Mushkil has collected Rs 16.96 cr, Shivaay has collected Rs 17.09 crores, according to Bollywood Hungama.
Shivaay’s second-weekend collection is also the fourth highest of 2016 after Salman Khan-starrer Sultan and Akshay Kumar-starrer Airlift and Rustom. Sultan leads the list with Rs 34.07 cr, followed by Airlift and Rustom earning Rs 19.26 cr and 17.12 cr respectively. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil retains the fifth spot with Rs 16.96 cr.
Other names in the list include Pink, Housefull 3, M S Dhoni The Untold Story, Neerja and Kapoor and Sons. Pink and Housefull 3 collected Rs 15.21 cr and 15.2 cr respectively.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Shivaay is expected to rule the box office as there are no other Hindi releases next weekend other than Rock On 2. Ajay Devgn film did well in single screen theatres, while ADHM remains popular among multiplex-goers. Both films have had neck-to-neck competition.
Shivaay had a big clash with Karan Johar’s Ae Dil hai Mushkil during the Diwali weekend. While the KJo film caught eyeballs for its glossy look and big star cast including Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shivaay relied heavily upon its storyline and visual effects.
Shivaay, which is the story about a mountaineer and his relationship with his daughter, continues to do decent business at the theatres.