Ajay Devgn couldn’t have chosen a better week for the release of his directorial venture Shivaay. After enjoying a long festive weekend, the film is still heading for a great business as no major films are releasing this Friday either.
Shivaay, which released on October 28, has shown a steady performance at the ticket windows so far. The film saw a slight dip in its collection during the week but as the weekend approaches, Shivaay is expected to gain traction again.
The Ajay Devgn film has managed to give a tough fight to Karan Johar’s ADHM till now and has been able to earn a total of Rs. 64.36 crore in six days since release. After raking in Rs. 17.35 crore and Rs. 11.05 crore on Monday and Tuesday respectively, the film did really well even on Wednesday with Rs. 7.40 crore business, as revealed by the trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
In comparison to Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, this Ajay Devgn dream film is lagging in terms of the collection but the neck-to-neck competition is keeping all of us on our toes. The Karan Johar directorial comeback Ae Dil Hai Mushkil has earned around Rs. 74 crore till now.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Both the films released together but Shivaay has been doing well on the single screens in comparison to the multiplexes, where Karan Johar’s directorial Ae Dil Hai Mushkil has been ruling. Shivaay is the story of a daughter-father relationship and has high-octane action. The actor, who is directing a film after eight long years, took almost two years to complete the film. The film released on October 28 along with the Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer.