Actress Shirina Singh, who plays Pakhi in popular TV show ‘Ek Mutthi Aasman’, is all set to get an image makeover on the soap opera and will be seen playing a violent obsessive lover.
Shirina said she took inspiration from actress Urmila Matondkar’s character in ‘Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya’.
“When I was told that my character Pakhi will turn into a psychotic lover, the first name which hit my mind was that of Urmila Mantodkar’s convincing portrayal of Ria Jaiswal in ‘Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya’,” Shirina said in the statement.
Shirina said it was not a cakewalk for her to play a grey character of a girl, who attempts to win the affections of her love Raghav Singhania (played by Ashish Chowdhry).
“Playing an obsessive lover is not that easy, I had to understand the complexities of the character as to what a person goes through when his love in not reciprocated in the positive manner so that I don’t end up overdoing the part,”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The actress also added her own observation after reading the script for the Zee TV’s show.
“I tried to take a few cues from Urmila’s character to understand the role better but at the same time I added my own bit and the feedback from the creative team of the show has been positive so far. I am eagerly awaiting the audience’s reaction,” she said.
‘Ek Mutthi Aasmaan’ follows the story of a domestic help.