Actor Shiney Ahuja, who was away from films after getting embroiled in an alleged rape case here, is now making a comeback on the silver screen with Anees Bazmee’s comedy-drama ‘Welcome Back’.
The 39-year-old actor, who had started his career with critically acclaimed ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ in 2005, later
joined mainstream and gave hit films like ‘Gangster’, ‘Woh Lamhe’, ‘Life in a Metro’ among others. He was last seen in
his 2012 release ‘Ghost’, which was a box office dud. His next is ‘Welcome Back’, which is a sequel to the 2007 hit comedy ‘Welcome’.
“Shiney will be doing ‘Welcome Back’, in which he has an important role. It is not a guest or cameo appearance. He has
never done this kind of a role. I felt he was apt for the role and hence I called him up and he agreed to do it. He is quite
excited about this project,” Anees told PTI.
In June 2009, the actor’s domestic help had lodged a police complaint against him alleging rape at his residence. Shiney was arrested and subsequently sentenced to seven years imprisonment. He is currently out on bail.
Anees is not bothered about the court case against him. The ‘Gangster’ star is yet to film his portion and is required to shoot for 40 days. “He is playing a rich guy in the film. He will have tattoos all over his body and have a modern style. His role has a touch of comedy,” Anees said without divulging further details.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
While Shiney said, “It is a privilege to work with a talented and energetic filmmaker like Anees. I am happy to be part of ‘Welcome Back’ team.”
The first schedule of the film is over and the second schedule will roll out soon. The film has an ensemble cast including John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia, Shruti Hassan and Paresh Rawal.
The film is scheduled to release in December this year.