Actor Shiney Ahuja, who was away from films after getting embroiled in an alleged rape case here, is now making a comeback on the silver screen with Anees Bazmee’s comedy-drama ‘Welcome Back’.
The 39-year-old actor, who had started his career with critically acclaimed ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ in 2005, later
joined mainstream and gave hit films like ‘Gangster’, ‘Woh Lamhe’, ‘Life in a Metro’ among others. He was last seen in
his 2012 release ‘Ghost’, which was a box office dud. His next is ‘Welcome Back’, which is a sequel to the 2007 hit comedy ‘Welcome’.
“Shiney will be doing ‘Welcome Back’, in which he has an important role. It is not a guest or cameo appearance. He has
never done this kind of a role. I felt he was apt for the role and hence I called him up and he agreed to do it. He is quite
excited about this project,” Anees told PTI.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In June 2009, the actor’s domestic help had lodged a police complaint against him alleging rape at his residence. Shiney was arrested and subsequently sentenced to seven years imprisonment. He is currently out on bail.
Anees is not bothered about the court case against him. The ‘Gangster’ star is yet to film his portion and is required to shoot for 40 days. “He is playing a rich guy in the film. He will have tattoos all over his body and have a modern style. His role has a touch of comedy,” Anees said without divulging further details.
While Shiney said, “It is a privilege to work with a talented and energetic filmmaker like Anees. I am happy to be part of ‘Welcome Back’ team.”
The first schedule of the film is over and the second schedule will roll out soon. The film has an ensemble cast including John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia, Shruti Hassan and Paresh Rawal.
The film is scheduled to release in December this year.