In some tragic news coming in, it’s learnt that actress Shilpa Shetty’s father Surendra Shetty passed away on Tuesday. It is believed that Shetty apparently suffered from a massive heart attack while he was asleep and breathed his last today.
Both Shilpa and sister Shamita were extremely close to their father, Surendra. He was a businessman. The man himself was full of life and one could usually see him stepping out with Shilpa’s mother at chosen social dos. As a father, Surendra was a great influence in Shilpa and Shamita’s lives, supporting the sisters to the core. Surendra also enjoyed the company of many of Shilpa’s co-stars especially Salman Khan who is known to have been quite close to the senior Shetty.
Harman Baweja and R Madhavan visited the Shettys to offer their condolences. Many from Bollywood fraternity are expected to visit Shetty family.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The funeral will reportedly take place tomorrow morning in Mumbai. Surendra was in news a few months ago when he was a duped by self-styled godman to the tune of a few crores. The baba was finally arrested after the family filed a police complaint.
“I’ve seen both my parents work really hard and my dad used to do the house’s laundry. When we were young, the washing machine was just introduced, so I remember my dad waiting for the weekend only to help my mother do the laundry,” Shilpa had earlier said in an interview.