Shilpa Shetty’s film career may have taken a back seat at the moment but the Bollywood beauty says she still wants to be known as an actress rather than as a businesswoman.
Shilpa, 38, who is busy promoting her business ventures with husband Raj Kundra and IPL team, said family has taken a precedence over showbiz.
“I will be ever known as an actor first than a businesswoman. I am an actor first who ventured into other segments after marriage. I haven’t bid adieu to showbiz. I am doing TV shows and advertisements.
“I feel guilty as any mother about leaving the house or child or family to go out for shoot for a long time. Business is a different ball game altogether as you have many people working under you. But in acting you have to do the job because there is no substitute for you,” Shilpa told PTI.
The ‘Life In a Metro’ star was in the Capital to receive an award ‘Spalicious Mom’ at an event organised by Asia Spa. Shilpa’s own spa and wellness chain IOSIS is branching out to many cities but the actress said that she is not a spa person.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Despite owning a chain of spas, I call the lady home to get whatever beauty treatment I need. I am like a chef who prepares food for others but does not get time for himself to eat. I do take massages at home to relax,” she said.
Like any mother, Shilpa also feels that being with Viaan, who who will turn two later this month, is more important.
“Viaan is all set to go to school from July and taking care of him is my utmost priority. I love to spend time with my family and consciously took project like ‘Nach Baliye’ because they are less time consuming and give me a break also from my daily life,” she said.
Shilpa, whose career got a new lease of life after her win in Britain’s ‘Big Brother’, recently turned producer with her maiden production ‘Dishkiyaoon’.
The Sunny Deol-Harman Baweja starrer did not do well at the box-office and the actress said she learnt her lesson as a producer.
“I do not want to put the blame on anybody. I understood that script is the main hero in a film. From next time onwards we will make a film which has a strong content and at the same time entertaining,” said the actress, who is likely to produce a comedy next.